Zimmerman found not guilty

dling

I'm not sure if it's the right call or not. I wasn't there when it happend so I can't give an informed opinion. I live close to Atlanta Ga. I watch the news every night.

Every night I see black men and women murdered at the hands of other blacks. Crimes committed by mostly young black men. So why is this case such a big deal to the black

community ? Is it that all that others that die mean notting ot them? It makes me think that the black community care nothing about the fact that hunderds of blacks die each

month a cross the county as long as they die a the hands of other blacks. I'm sorry I just can't get my mind around it.It just blows me AWAY how much they care about one,and how little they care

about the many.

Race has nothing to do with it. The media whipped everyone up into a frenzy.

Race should have noting to do with it but but it seem to have everything to do with it.

From President Obama to Al Sharpton to the media editing the 911 tape making it all about race.

Well I watched most of the trial and read the evidence. From reviewing the evidence, I personally was not swayed either way, guilty or not guilty. I feel Zimmerman and Martin were both aggressors, but I disagree with the action to take lethal force. I agree with the jury though and I respect there decision.

I have mixed motions about it

Well I watched most of the trial and read the evidence. From reviewing the evidence, I personally was not swayed either way, guilty or not guilty. I feel Zimmerman and Martin were both aggressors, but I disagree with the action to take lethal force. I agree with the jury though and I respect there decision.

I also agree. I do feel that Zemmerman should have stopped following Travon when ask to. Also, if Travon would have just kept walking

and had not made the decision to confront Zimmerman he would still be alive. Very sad.

I strongly believe that it was Zimmerman's fault the Trayvon died. He killed him, no question about it. He also instigated the encounter. The problem in the case was the burden of proof that it was or wasn't self defense. Zimmerman didn't have to prove his story, the State had to disprove it, something they were unable to do. This IS justice, no matter how fair or unfair, right or wrong. As for why this case and not other murders garnered media attention, that is a debate. Whether the incident was racially motivated or not(I feel "not,") the media grabbed a killing of a young person of one race by an older person of another and fronted it as racially charged. 

Zimmerman was breaking no laws by following Trayvon.  Had he not attacked and started bashing Zimmerman's head into the pavement the precious little angel would still be alive.  But instead we have one less drug dealer on the streets.  I just hope Zimmerman can actually get back to a normal life.

The bottom line is that Martin could have been compliant rather than jump into a confrontation when questioned about what he was doing in the neighborhood, one he is not seen in normally since he was visiting a relative and not a resident. That in itself presents a concern for someone on a neighborhood watch, in a community that had recently succumbed to multiple burglaries by that ethnic group. If someone identifies themselves as a person of authority or a security group then you stop answer questions and move on your merry way, or if you are in the wrong pay the consequences. The problem is that there is no respect for authority any longer especially from the young. And that is part of the problem. As a parent I can empathize with his parents but I don't care how well you know your children, you are not with them 24/7 and they are capable of so much more good and bad than you will ever know.  

As for the OP comments about black on black crime it seems as long as its contained within that ethnic group its not something to get upset nationally about unless its an innocent 4 or 5 year old that is killed but when you have someone of another ethnic group commit the crime its an affront to the whole of the ethnicity. That again is troubling since we should have the same convictions whether its white on white, white on black,black on black, black on white, white on hispanic, hispanic on black, black on hispanic or asian crime etc.. How many times do we see the Caucasian community up in arms protesting, breaking windows, lighting fires when another ethnicity takes the life of a caucasion, hispanic, asian, native indian, eskimo...........  

The bottom line is that none of us were there the night it happened. None of us will ever know what truly happened moment by moment by moment. In the end Justice was served in the eyes of the law, that verdict says that Zimmerman acted in self defense and was justified in using deadly force to protect his life as someone was trying to take it. 

Now had this gone differently and Trayvon Martin had successfully crushed Zimmermans skull against the concrete and left him in a coma or dead? No witnesses means we have an unsolved crime with a man left in a coma or worse.  How does Justice get served there? Does the whole of the  hispanic and or caucasian community jump up in arms with this unsolved crime? Does it make national news? Does anyone even care outside of Zimmermans parents, spouse and the local detectives? Probably not............

It's a sad state we live in........   

Race absolutely had everything to do with it, sadly. It's the only reason why there was a trial in the first place, as no charges were originally made until the community outrage.

Zimmerman was breaking no laws by following Trayvon.

^This. While the police told him not to engage, doing so was not illegal. That's what many of the opponents don't seem to get.

The bottom line is that Martin could have been compliant rather than jump into a confrontation when questioned about what he was doing in the neighborhood, one he is not seen in normally since he was visiting a relative and not a resident. That in itself presents a concern for someone on a neighborhood watch, in a community that had recently succumbed to multiple burglaries by that ethnic group. If someone identifies themselves as a person of authority or a security group then you stop answer questions and move on your merry way, or if you are in the wrong pay the consequences. The problem is that there is no respect for authority any longer especially from the young. And that is part of the problem. As a parent I can empathize with his parents but I don't care how well you know your children, you are not with them 24/7 and they are capable of so much more good and bad than you will ever know.  

As for the OP comments about black on black crime it seems as long as its contained within that ethnic group its not something to get upset nationally about unless its an innocent 4 or 5 year old that is killed but when you have someone of another ethnic group commit the crime its an affront to the whole of the ethnicity. That again is troubling since we should have the same convictions whether its white on white, white on black,black on black, black on white, white on hispanic, hispanic on black, black on hispanic or asian crime etc.. How many times do we see the Caucasian community up in arms protesting, breaking windows, lighting fires when another ethnicity takes the life of a caucasion, hispanic, asian, native indian, eskimo...........  

The bottom line is that none of us were there the night it happened. None of us will ever know what truly happened moment by moment by moment. In the end Justice was served in the eyes of the law, that verdict says that Zimmerman acted in self defense and was justified in using deadly force to protect his life as someone was trying to take it. 

Now had this gone differently and Trayvon Martin had successfully crushed Zimmermans skull against the concrete and left him in a coma or dead? No witnesses means we have an unsolved crime with a man left in a coma or worse.  How does Justice get served there? Does the whole of the  hispanic and or caucasian community jump up in arms with this unsolved crime? Does it make national news? Does anyone even care outside of Zimmermans parents, spouse and the local detectives? Probably not............

Absolutely agree and honestly, I don't get why there was any media attention at all for this or why anyone outside the families involved should give two craps. I know some things about the case simply because it was covered on various news outlets, but it was not something I followed. It shows the sad state of our society that this made national news all because of the race card.

Race absolutely had everything to do with it, sadly. It's the only reason why there was a trial in the first place, as no charges were originally made until the community outrage.

Zimmerman was breaking no laws by following Trayvon.

^This. While the police told him not to engage, doing so was not illegal. That's what many of the opponents don't seem to get.

Absolutely agree and honestly, I don't get why there was any media attention at all for this or why anyone outside the families involved should give two craps. I know some things about the case simply because it was covered on various news outlets, but it was not something I followed. It shows the sad state of our society that this made national news all because of the race card.

I beleave the the President made it worst. In the same way he did when he got in the middle of the Cambridge police incident about the blace collage proessor and white cops.

Having been involved with a Crime Watch group previously, I have this to say.     The training for Crime watch has one main and important point.....DO NOT approach or intervene! Crime Watch groups are for observing and reporting.