#1 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20502 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:37 AM

http://www.logitech....t/k750-keyboard

This just blew my mind, why hasn't this been done sooner!? I will be getting one the second my bluetrack keyboard combo connected to my HTPC ever dies on me.

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V-PRO | Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: MSI Twin Frozr HD7970
Memory: Patriot 8GB 1600mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: Samsung 30" 305T | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Razer Tarantula | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#2 Black64

Black64

Black It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3339 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

That's pretty neat, I always hated wireless keyboards and mice because of batteries but that is a game changer. I hope I see more from different companies.

Current System

[CPU]Intel Xeon W3670 (i7-970) @3.20Ghz---[CPU Cooling]Thermalright Silver Arrow---[MOBO]ASUS Rampage Gene III---[RAM]G-Skill Rip Jaws (24GB)(6x4GB)---[GPU]ASUS GTX 780 OC---[PSU]KingWin Lazar LZ-1000---[CASE]Bitfenix Colossus Venom Edition---[HDDs]WD Dives(6.5TB total storage) and Samsung 250GB SSD(boot)---[Monitors] 3X NEC 24" LCD2490WUXi ISP Panels and 1X Seiki 39" 4K monitor

PC Audio System (Speakers) Triad InRoom Silver's --- (DAC) Schiit Modi --- (AMP) Emotiva MiniX-a-100 --- (Headphones) Sennheiser Momentums and Paradigm H15NC --- (Headphone AMP) --- Schitt Magni

#3 Prunes

Prunes

Geek

• News Editor
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

Now we just need for it to be able to power your laptop as well :)

Formerly known as Ecofriendly

My rig:

Mobo: Asus P8Z68 Pro Gen 3
CPU: Intel i5 2500k @ 4.3
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i with 2x Corsair SP 120 Quiet Edition
GPU: MSI GTX 670 Power Edition
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB
HDD: WD Cavier Black 1TB
PSU: Corsair AX860i
Case: Fractal Design R4 Black

#4 flareback

flareback

justified through faith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1759 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

why don't they make it so that typing on the keys powers it. Then it would work in a dark room.

Primary Rig - Intel core i7 920 | Gigabyte EX58 UD4P | 6 GB DDR3 1333 | Sapphire Radeon HD 4850
Secondary Rig - 20 inch iMac | 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2 GB DDR2 RAM
Mobile Rig - Asus Eee pc 1000 - 1.6Ghz intel atom | 40Gig SSD | Ubuntu Netbook Remix

#5 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • 15399 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

FYI they suck to type on. :/

sig.png

GTX 770 replaced with watercooled GTX780...but too lazy to change the sig.

#6 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

• Members
  • 20502 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

FYI they suck to type on. :/

Yeah but the idea is the best. Not saying it'd be a great keyboard itself, looks sort of like the mac keyboards (which they actually make a mac version which is just colored their style)... so I have an idea what you mean. But it's still awesome

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V-PRO | Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: MSI Twin Frozr HD7970
Memory: Patriot 8GB 1600mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: Samsung 30" 305T | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Razer Tarantula | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

#7 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • 19377 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

That does look pretty sleek. I don't use wireless keyboards, but if they created a solar-powered mouse, that would be pretty sweet (though not sure how they'd manage it since your hand would cover it during use). Still, I was playing SC2 on my laptop at my friend's with my wireless mouse and it died in the middle of a game! That was a frantic 30 seconds to grab a wired mouse from one of his spare computers. :lol:

CMt.png
- Steam - Raptr - Xfire - GameSpot - Kongregate - IGN Blog -
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 770 - 2x8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1866MHz -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

::: OCC E3 2013 Awards ::: CES 2013 ::: COMPUTEX 2010 :::

::: Razer Sabertooth Review ::: Watch Dogs Review :::

#8 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5269 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

That does look pretty sleek. I don't use wireless keyboards, but if they created a solar-powered mouse, that would be pretty sweet (though not sure how they'd manage it since your hand would cover it during use). Still, I was playing SC2 on my laptop at my friend's with my wireless mouse and it died in the middle of a game! That was a frantic 30 seconds to grab a wired mouse from one of his spare computers. :lol:

They dont need a solar mouse. I have a Logitech M510 that fits in with the rest of the unifying received range and its been going for 18+ months now on original batteries and I've probably given it a good ~800 hours of use. According to Logitech it should last two years on original batteries and so far I have np reason to doubt them.

med_gallery_78215_532_67141.png

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#9 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

• Members
  • 20502 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

The solar mouse could work if it charges when you're not using it. The mice sip power as it is so it'd easily recharge during offline idle time.

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP

OCC Cool Club Member

#10 Deathmineral

Deathmineral

No soup for you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3811 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:04 AM

They had that around for quite a while, I was considering getting that when I was looking for a wireless keyboard for my HTPC. I went with a $15 Logitech keyboard in the same series at that one, I got it like two years ago, haven't had to replace the batteries yet, and I think that's probably why solar keyboards aren't that common, hard to justify spending an extra $40 or so for that when others will last a couple years or more on a couple of AAs. :P

Posted Image

#11 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • 19377 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

They dont need a solar mouse. I have a Logitech M510 that fits in with the rest of the unifying received range and its been going for 18+ months now on original batteries and I've probably given it a good ~800 hours of use. According to Logitech it should last two years on original batteries and so far I have np reason to doubt them.

True. I have an older Logitech wireless and even that lasts quite awhile. It was really my fault it died in the middle of the game because it did have the indicator light and warn me beforehand :lol:

The solar mouse could work if it charges when you're not using it. The mice sip power as it is so it'd easily recharge during offline idle time.

Yeah, that's definitely true. And when you're typing, your hand isn't on the mouse either.

CMt.png
- Steam - Raptr - Xfire - GameSpot - Kongregate - IGN Blog -
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 770 - 2x8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1866MHz -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

::: OCC E3 2013 Awards ::: CES 2013 ::: COMPUTEX 2010 :::

::: Razer Sabertooth Review ::: Watch Dogs Review :::

#12 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

• Members
  • 20502 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

Shall we develop it?

Thee OCColaris

Edited by IVIYTH0S, 13 July 2013 - 03:12 PM.

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP

OCC Cool Club Member