i5-4670k Build for friend! Opinions?

TCcomputers29

Hi Guys/Gals!!

I recently built a computer for my friend! and it turned out well...lol. Anyway Opinions? BTW this was my first build for a 'Client' :O and my first Intel build.

SPECS:

Intel i5 4670k

Gigabyte Radeon 7970 GHz Ed

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H

Samsung 840 pro 256gb SSD (Boot)

Seagate Barracuda 2TB (Storage)

Corsair AX-760w PSU

LG DVD Drive

Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo

16gb Kingston Hyper X BLU RAM 1600MHz

Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow White

Windows 8

Here are some pics!

post-77066-0-04649200-1372955505_thumb.jpg

post-77066-0-04762500-1372955568_thumb.jpg

During the build:

post-77066-0-53364100-1372956236_thumb.jpg

EDIT: More pics!

Edited by TCcomputers29

Thanks guys! It's always good to build with a modular PSU :P It is so easy to do a good job at cable management with the AX 760. I hope I'll be building more in the future! Oh and he was so excited haha lol, It works flawlessly.

potatochobit, I just finished a word processing and general internet surfing PC for my grandmother. Despite all my objections, she insisted upon having Win8 on it. That was the first time I have ever used a copy of Win8 and it was a nightmare setting it up. They changed so much about it.

That is pretty much what I'd build if buying an all knew spec'd computer right now, excellent everything haha

haha, yea, except I wouldn't have gone with the Level 10 GT...I really wanted him to get the Trooper but nooooooooooo...lol. Solid Rig, loads windows in literally seconds :O Gotta get myself a Samsung 840 pro...

you built a nice computer and actually CHOSE windows 8? 

lol.....

hahaha!!! What's wrong with windows 8? lol, I mean I left that decision to him...He wanted to go with Win 7 but his mum told him to get the latest lol. I've been using windows 8 for quite some time now (on my laptop) and to me, It's pretty good, the main reason I like it is because it is so snappy. And Thanks!

That is pretty much what I'd build if buying an all knew spec'd computer right now, excellent everything haha

haha, yea, except I wouldn't have gone with the Level 10 GT...I really wanted him to get the Trooper but nooooooooooo...lol. Solid Rig, loads windows in literally seconds :O Gotta get myself a Samsung 840 pro...

Or any half decent SSD, there are other SSDs besides the 840 lol. Alot of people don't realize that :P

Looks clean, but could of saved some cash and got a 7950 instead.

Nah, he wanted 'the best of the best', he wanted a Titan, 7990 or 690 :/ And I was like "you don't need that much power for a 1600x900 res monitor..." lol. So the 7970GHz was the best bets, It is also future proofed...:)

Or any half decent SSD, there are other SSDs besides the 840 lol. Alot of people don't realize that :P

Yea I do realise there are more SSDs out there lol :P but what I meant was, the 840 pro seems to be a trustworthy SSD. I want to be able to feel 'safe' about my data lol. I recently found out OCZ SSDs are pretty bad in terms of long term use...Sad.