• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 panjang110

panjang110

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

i recently reinstall my windows in my new ssd but i forgot where is my new 7601 build windows dvd so i have to use my old 7600 build retail dvd .after the install i convert my data disk to dynamic disk to extend is't partition size from unused partition previously used for windows and turn it into 1 single partition for data. but last night after updating to service pack 1 the data disk is unreadable :wallbash: WTF?! i just lost my half gb of data because of an update?

after tinkering with the setting in drive manager prove useless, i decided why not use sytem restore and roll back to previous state.. and YES my disk is now readable :thumbsup: but i'm stuck with no service pack. is there any any way to convert it back to basic disk without losing data? and then proceed with service pack update? i don't have a spare disk to save the data so i'm not willing to experiment with a fresh install

my disk config right now is

ssd-basic disk

C: windows/boot Drive

HDD-dynamic disk

D: data drive

before converting

ssd-basic disk

C: windows/boot Drive

HDD-basic disk

D:previous windows drive

E:data drive

Main Rig

i5 3570K,Asrock Z77Pro4-M,2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600,HD7970,Kingston V300 120GB,WD black 1TB

Enermax Naxn 750 Watt, Cooler Master N200, Samsung S27A950D 120Hz, Razer Arctosa,Logitech MX518

Custom Loop

XSPC Raystorm Block, EK DCP 4.0,EK DCP 4.0 Res Combo,HwL Black Ice GT Stealth 240,2xDelta EFB1212HH

mts6.jpg