20 replies to this topic

#1 Fogel

Fogel

Vengeance shall be Mine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3463 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

So I don't surf the internet much from home, but I was on last night.  So i'm online trying to type something extremely long.  Actually I was writing a guide, so it needed a bunch of formatting.  Anyhow the mouse cursor was moving on its own.  Anywhere from just a little bit to it would go from the bottom right of the screen to the top left of the screen.  Since I was playing music I was wondering if it was the subwoofer so I would pick the mouse up off the table and it stopped moving.

Stopped the music and for the most part it stopped moving, but it was inaccurate.  Like I wouldn't want to get caught in a FPS game even if my competition was a bunch of grannies who never played a game before.  It was driving me nuts because I'm trying to write this guide and all of sudden the computer was also getting stupid slow.  Which tends to happen if I play long videos on it (its a C2D with 2GB of RAM... or is it 4GB :unsure:) as well as play music. So I don't think the two are connected in that regard but they could be so that is why I am mentioning it.

I'm going to try a different mouse tonight because I really hate this razer mouse even if it does look better than the G500 I will replace it with.  Question is, do you think its the mouse or a software problem?  I seen this behavior before on other machines and different mice ...not neccesarily mine but I've seen it quite a few times.  I really haven't worried about it before because they weren't my machines.  Now its on my machine and it drives me nuts.  Not to mention trying to highlight a word in your document and the cursor just sort of vibrates away. :vmad:

#2 EuroFight

EuroFight

I'm not lazy, I'm just energy efficient.

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1609 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

I have had the same issue with my laptop sometimes. It doesn't really bother me, but perhaps it has something to do with the touchpad if you are using a laptop?

Processor AMD FX-6100 Hex-core, 3.3GHz > Intel Core 2 Duo, Dual-core, 1.6GHz

Memory 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz >  Crucial 3GB DDR3 1066MHz

Graphics Radeon HD7770 + Radeon HD5570 > Intel 3000 Integrated Graphics

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 Socket AM3+ > OEM Latitude XT2 Motherboard Socket P

Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA 7200.14 > Samsung 64GB SSD SATA 3Gbps

Power Supply Cooler Master Elite ATX 500W > OEM Dell Power Supply 90W

Case Zalman Z11 Plus 4x 120mm fans, 3x 80mm > OEM Dell Latitude XT Case

"Sudo make me a sandwich" - BluePanda

#3 d6bmg

d6bmg

BMG FTW!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4135 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Time to clean up the mouse pad and the sensor area of the mouse. If dust accumulate in the sensor area then this type of problem can happen.

boozei.gif

#4 rivalary

rivalary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Sounds like the laser is glitching out.  I would try a different mousepad, some mice like dark rather than light colored pads, or the other way around.  Also, the laser might be dusty or have a piece of dog hair or something messing around with it.

Edit: Beat me to it, lol

Edited by rivalary, 27 March 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#5 Fogel

Fogel

Vengeance shall be Mine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3463 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

It's not the laptop (have the touchpad turned off on that anyway).

I'm usually pretty good at cleaning mice but I will check that since it does make sense. Will also get the G500 ready.

#6 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5269 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

I would say it is your surface. A good quality mousepad would make the world of difference. With my old mouse just going from a standard mousepad to a goliathus control edn made a huge amount of difference. Much smoother mouse trails and far more control and a little more speed.

med_gallery_78215_532_67141.png

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#7 Deathmineral

Deathmineral

No soup for you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3811 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Have you tried taking the ball out and cleaning it?

Posted Image

#8 Shurman292

Shurman292

The Shurmanator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

Have you tried taking the ball out and cleaning it?

:lol:  I agree with the new mousepad and cleaning ideas.  It could also be a Windows problem...wouldn't hurt to do a system restore to a couple weeks back just to be sure.

The Beast
CPU: i7 930 @ 4.01 ghz, 1.26v ||| Cooler: Corsair H100i
MB:ASUS P6X58D-E ||| RAM: G.Skill 6 x 2 GB @ 1528mhz/9-9-9-24/1.6v
Video: Nvidia GTX 480 @ 775mhz/1880mhz ||| Sound: ASUS Xonar D2X
SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB ||| HDDs: WD 1TB and 2TB Caviar Blacks
Optical: LG BD Writer ||| Case: CM Storm Trooper with Scythe side fans
Power: Corsair AX1200 Gold ||| OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

#9 SpeedCrazy

SpeedCrazy

Life is one heck of a ride, so hang on tight!

• Folding Member
  • 3817 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:07 AM

I have a somewhat similar problem. My mouse randomly double clicks. eg. If i click on an icon on my desktop to move it, 4 times out of 5 it will open it rather than selecting it.

Have you tried re-installing the driver for your mouse?

Fold for Team OCC

i7 930 @ 3.9 || Dual-SLI GTX 250 || ASUS P6X58D-E || 3x2GB G.Skill Pi @ 1600 || Corsair TX850w || 2x WD Caviar Black 500gb

#10 sword_fish

sword_fish

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

a lot of people gone crazy with razer's synapse, it could be.

My Rig: Project One

2674416.png

#11 confuzzedintelguy

confuzzedintelguy

Un-Banned Himself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

I've had a wireless mouse do this multiple times on low battery life idk what mouse you're running but it might be your culprit.

#12 Fogel

Fogel

Vengeance shall be Mine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3463 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

I will see if I can address the 5 posts or so here:

• It is a wired laser Razer Spectre that I got for free with the purchase of my keyboard, so no financial attachment to it
  • I tried two mouse pads:  Razer Vespula and a normal mousepad
  • I have not done any system restores or driver updates ...though may be worth a try

I have a somewhat similar problem. My mouse randomly double clicks. eg. If i click on an icon on my desktop to move it, 4 times out of 5 it will open it rather than selecting it.

Have you tried re-installing the driver for your mouse?

Speaking of which, another problem I am having with it is when I double click the guide I saved on my desktop it wouldn't open.  Sometimes it takes me spamming the button to get it to open.  But if I highlight and press the Enter button on the keyboard it opens up just fine every time.  I checked the settings and the double click setting appears ok.

I cleaned the area around the laser and the mousepad, just in case there was dust I couldn't see.  There still seems to be something not quite right about it.  Like it is moving, at least it feels like it, but I can't see it.

It was driving me nuts so I switched it with the G500 I use to travel around with my laptop and that is much better.  I probably should try this razer mouse with the laptop to see if it does the same thing with it, but if it is the mouse I'm not sure I want to subject my poor laptop to it.  Maybe I should bring it here to work ...than I will have an awesome reason to be unproductive. :lol: