corsair h100 refurb fail...

cjloki

About a couple months or so ago, when I decided to give amd a try, I bought and installed a refurb'd h100 to go with it...well it looks like the pump is gone...temps have jumped from mid to low 20's to 80's with warning banner pop ups.....no more refurb'd cooling for me...i bought a new replacement from amazon, and the dead one will be going back fry's asap

That sucks, usually "refurb" stuff is just open/damaged box stuff...

oh man I know right...well it just showed me not to trust too much..i'll be thinking twice before putting my main system in jeopardy again...

just finished pulling the dead h100 and reverted the gamer to stock cpu cooling with fresh tim, detuned bios back to default settings and she up and running again...corsair rma site was a little tricky online so i had to call in the rma, but it's done,...the old one will be going back when the new one gets here...hopefully tomorrow or saturday...the tech told me they just did a website revamp so things are still a little bit goofy, but it should all be working properly in a few days...

Replaced direct from corsair?  No waiting while they inspect the old one?  Nice!   Too bad you had to do it in the first place, but at least they are doing you right.  

I just realized last night that I need to send in (yet again) one of my MSI N560GTX cards.  Damn thing is overheating again.  New TIM helped a little bit but it's no good.  This will be my third RMA for this card.  At least they are close to me (you too I see), just down in City of Industry.

• 2 weeks later...

yup, well i just got the good news notice that corsair is coming thru !! my rma replacement is on the way !! hooray