Should I hold out?

Prunes

EDIT:

Disregard this post. I read through some old posts instead

I've been contemplating on getting a corsair gs 128 for a while now, and now I have the cash. I was just wondering, if I should hold out a little longer, because a new super ultra extreme v2 controller that is going to revolutionize the industry is due in a month.

Also, is the Samsung 840 pro worth the extra $20? I will not opt for a OCZ for certain reasons; however, Intel is also viable, if they have something that's better than the gs 128 and the 840 pro at the same price range. We are talking $145-155 for a SSD.

Also the 840 pro is about $40 more expensive than the regular one. Is it really that much better? I don't care for synthetic benchmarks. If there is a seconds difference in boot time and various other insignificant differences, then I'll take the plain 840. But if the pro version is way more reliable, longer lasting and faster then I'm willing to shell out the extra dough.

Edited by Prunes

Samsung 840 is a great drive and uses the nand controller which isvery  good. New technoogly will come at a premium so the v2 controller(which I haven't heard of) will be more $.

Edited by Drdeath

Ahaha oh god I thought this said pull out

I wouldn't worry too much about waiting, the 840 pro makes a great ssd making sure it is the pro though and I personally plan on getting some 840 pros soonish due to them being very slim.

I wouldnt get the standard Samsung 840 becuase it uses TLC nands which equals to about 100TB of read and writes. That's a number I could hit within the SSD lifetime. on the otherhand it is very cheap compared to other SSDs.

I ended up buying 840 pro. What made my chose that one was anandtech benchmark site. The 840 pro bested all the other SSDs and it was only $10-20 more expensive. I expect to have it wednesday. Finally going to be part of the SSD community :woo: