Can someone tell me switching from 2 x gtx 690 to Titan is stupid

VicVic

Hi everyone....

Somehow, today, I decided to switch from 2 pieces of my EVGA 690 into 2 pieces of Titan....

I can tell that 2 pieces of Titan work better than 690s bc they coordinate better with each other compared with 4 GPUs

In benchmark wise, I dropped 3.8k in P scrore....

I would like to know if my effort is worth that kind of thing....

Sorry to post this boring topic

P.S.

Also.... I did find out that my cpu runs at lower temperasture in SC2 than when I was using 690s...

And, in 3D Mark11, the combination score is maybe like 1k higher than 690s.

While play Desert Strike II in SC2, I can tell the GPUs coordinate better then quad core set up.

At this point the damage is done so I wouldn't dwell on it and risk people making you feel bad about your decision.

Upsides are lower power draw, better multi gpu optimization as you stated in 2 versus 4 gpu's and the fact that you already have the Titans installed and setup and the GTX 690's after being sold will make it a financial side-grade.

Actually it doesnt bother me at all from switching back and forward, but Im thinking that once I get the 3rd Titan.... it might be something else

There was gpu to gpu latency if you ever notice.... In my SLI 690s, I found out that quad gpus take time to coordinate (i may be wrong). Once they are good to go, they are very powerful, but the time it takes, it increases the latency for immediate responce on what program needs

Edited by VicVic

Hey , if you already changed them it's kinda late to ask that question , and if you like the change that's all that counts . :teehee:

The reason I changed it bc somehow, I felt it was so hard to get both of Titan in one time and get the 3rd one later.....

If I could get Titan 24/7, I wouldnt mind just sit around and wait see what happened next

Why do you act like you MUST have multiple Titans?

well....

when playing some games in surronding multi-screens.... or 1 screen (1920x1080 high solution with a load of units in a same screen) it can tell the different how video card or cards coordinate with each other....

I do know that sometimes the higher benchmark doesnt mean anything, but what if high benchmark overall?

I would say just think about it...(no offense)

I do it, i play it, I buy it as for my habbit and my passion.... not for showing off....

Just hope that I make myself clear

You will have less latency between the GPUs and you should find that two or even three Titans will give you smoother gameplay. I will be playing with a pair tomorrow to see what they can do. Worst case scenario is that you get better gameplay! Add that thirdone in and there is nothing you cannot play maxed out.

You will have less latency between the GPUs and you should find that two or even three Titans will give you smoother gameplay. I will be playing with a pair tomorrow to see what they can do. Worst case scenario is that you get better gameplay! Add that thirdone in and there is nothing you cannot play maxed out.

Dude.... you are so damn right.... SC2 with a load of units no matter what... it definitely runs smoother and eye sense can definitely tell..... Sorry that I really just wanna prve my eyes that I am roght on that part....

Hopefully we can share some tweaks in the future....

Cheers