• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cespenar

Cespenar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

The timing is way to early to purchase anything, but I would eventually like to buy a slightly better gaming Mobo and CPU.

As you may be able to see I only OC the CPU and GPU a little bit and water cool both.

Also I game and email. Nothing else.

I have looked at the Evga Z75SLI and the Evga Z77FTW.  $179.99 and $309.99. ($399 in Australia)

Please don't try to talk me into buying yet, But for Games and email the Z75SLI would be more than adequate I think.

What do you people think?

Damn! Just checked and the Z75SLI is not in Australia. A pity, but there might be an exact type of another brand. Maybe?

Edited by Cespenar, 03 March 2013 - 12:44 AM.

AMD Phenom2 x4 965 @ 3.877GHz / MoBo Asus M5A99FX Pro 2. / 4 x 2Gig Corsair DDR3 @ 1599. / Evga GTX670 FTW.@(dynamic)./
500g Seagate SATA + WD320Gig SATA. / DVD Burner. / onbd sound. / Corsair 850w PSU. / Win7 Pro 64bit. At least 7 different brands to make up my water cooling loop. Monitor LG2442PA.

#2 VaporX

VaporX

Sapphire Gaming Evangelist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

I have heard mixed things about EVGA motherboards, some love it and some hate it. Also except for being able to push an extreme overclock, there is no such thing s a gaming motherboard. At the same clock speeds the performance difference between a high end board and c cost cutter board is none existent. In my opinion most people overpay for a motherboard because they think they gain something. If you are going to move up to a Z77-UD3H or P8Z77-V these are solid motherboards that will allow good overclocking and performance.

Edward "Vapor-X" Crisler

Sapphire North America PR Represenative

"I don't play when it comes to gaming"

#3 Cespenar

Cespenar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

Thanks Ed,

I had one bad Asus and now I'm on my second good Asus.

I have read some horror stories about Asus recently. I have an Evga GPU and thought an Evga mobo would suit.

It is reliability that I prefer, but I don't want a snail mobo.

I suppose I should get back to gaming, reading books and see how long my stuff lasts.

AMD Phenom2 x4 965 @ 3.877GHz / MoBo Asus M5A99FX Pro 2. / 4 x 2Gig Corsair DDR3 @ 1599. / Evga GTX670 FTW.@(dynamic)./
500g Seagate SATA + WD320Gig SATA. / DVD Burner. / onbd sound. / Corsair 850w PSU. / Win7 Pro 64bit. At least 7 different brands to make up my water cooling loop. Monitor LG2442PA.