• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Savan

Savan

I'm a thread killer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2042 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

My last 3 headsets have been Turtle Beach and I LOVE them, but I just cant take the poor build quality anymore. I had 2 z1's break in the course of a year, so I got a z2 thinking it would have better build quality. It was more comfortable, but I was sadly mistaken. The wires frayed inside the cable, and the earpiece broke off. (I was never rough on it). I RMA'd it but the new one just had the wires fray inside the cable too. I cant take it anymore, I need a new headset that has better build quality. I dont care about fancy features like surround  or USB connectors. I'm looking for one around $50-$100. Any recommendations?

(\__/) Doctor Steel
(='.'=) "and then when no one expects it ... BAM !! No more unicorns" - Nyt Ryda
(")_(") Not that I don't trust you, but to be honest I don't really trust you. - Locutus

#2 CAINuKe

CAINuKe

Notebook Overclocking Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

if you have a sound card that can support surround sound, I personally recommend the Roccat Kave headset. They aren't quite amazing at listening to music (for an audiophile) but they sound AMAZING when gaming and from what I am told the mic sounds like I am pod-casting through skype. The build quality is the best from my previous headphone (Logitech G930s). The only real downside I find with them is that they are really big and aren't really portable in the sense of "lets throw this into my backpack and go play halo at starbucks" and the sound bleeds quite a bit so not only you hear it but everyone else around you can hear it past about 60% volume.

Mobo: Sager NP7280 Laptop Motherboard (Unlocked BIOS) Processor: Intel i7-980X Extreme Edition @4.1ghz
Memory: 3X 8GB 1333MHZ G.Skill Notebook Ram Videocards: 2X Clevo nVidia 480M 2GB

OS Harddrive:Crucial C300 256GB SSD Storage Drives: 2x Seagate Momentus 500GB 16MB 7200RPM HDDS PSU: 2x Sager 300W Power Bricks

Case: Modded Clevo X7200 Chassis

OCC Cool Club Member

#3 bp9801

bp9801

Please press any key to continue

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8155 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Some of the Plantronics and Thermaltake headsets are quite nice. Not sure on the durability since I don't own any, so someone else would have to shed some light on that.

The GameCom 380 is something I've heard good things about, same for the Thermaltake SHOCK and SHOCK SPIN.

Intel Core i5 4690K - ASUS Z97-A - EVGA GTX 770 2GB
Mushkin Ridgeback 16GB DDR3-2133 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD - Seagate 750GB + 1.5TB - WD 1TB - Cooler Master SPH 1050W
ASUS Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC-350 Xense Edition + Sennheiser HD-280 Pro + HD-555 - Sapphire Vapor-X CPU Cooler - Cooler Master HAF XM

Follow OCC on facebook.png
eUYPk97.png

#4 Fogel

Fogel

Vengeance shall be Mine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3463 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I know its not OCC but this is a really good thread for gaming headphones.  It was started 2011 and gets updated quite frequently.  Its nice when someone has more money than you and has used just about all the headphones you would consider and gives their opinion on them.

http://www.head-fi.o...eze-lcd-2-added

Looks like my headphones are great for gaming too, guess I will just have to give them a try sometime. :tongue: