need advice for best chipsets to overclock q9450.

i picked up a q9450 to build a backup rig and im having trouble deciding what chipset motherboard i want to get. its hard to find anything new except g41 boards and from what ive read there not the greatest for overclocking. are the x48 boards that much better. i want to use my ddr3 1600 memory. there are a couple asus p5 pro boards available but really didnt want to spend that much. there around $150-200. 

The P45's worked well and where fairly easy to oc, the x48's would get just as good oc's (sometimes higher) but took a bit more work, just be careful of the p45's, a lot of them are ddr2 boards.. If I recall the Gigabyte boards where a little better then the asus ones in that era but both where solid oc'er's.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the help guys. I ended up finding a great deal even though one of the memory sticks was bad. I got a gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3r with 4-2gb  1066 sticks of mushkin blackline and a e8600 with fan and heatsinc  for 158.00. which ended up being 113.00 after a 45.00 refund for the bad stick. it  overclocks my q9450 to 3.5 with no problem. can't make it past there but thats another thread. now just gotta find another set of the memory or maybe just one stick. or live with 4gb.