3 replies to this topic

#1 Joey04

Joey04

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hi OCC,

I got a new laptop from my company (a Dell Latitude Semi-Rugged) and I find the mouse touch-pad on the machine to be horrible. I had an older machine (a Panasonic Toughbook) where for years I used the mouse touch-pad extensively with no issues. However, on the Dell it stops, it sticks, it jumps, and I can't get it to go where I need it and its driving me nuts. However, when I plug in an external mouse, the external mouse works fine. (But I don't like taking the external mouse everywhere, and I have trouble using it when travelling.)

And even worse, when I take it to our IT department, they can't find any issues with it, so they think I am crazy. (They have played extensively with the sensitivity settings, but it doesn't help when I start trying to use it like I am used to.)

So my question, is there any tools out there, like a obstacle course game, not a difficult game, but requires quick and precise mouse movements and clicks, so I can show its easy to play the game on an external mouse, but  impossible if they try to play the game on this crappy mouse touch-pad? 

Or any thoughts of how to demonstrate this touch-pad is junk?

THANKS!!!

#2 Skidmarks

Skidmarks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

None specifically for that task that I'm aware of. Does anybody else in the company use the same laptop? If so check their's out. Yours could have a fault that the chumps in the IT dept. can't figure out. Also check for driver updates for your machine. Failing that, try begging for another laptop. I personally hate all touchpad's & always carry a supplementary mouse.

CPU: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H 
Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 770
Memory: 8Gb Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 1866 Mhz 
Sound: Asus Xonar DX & Roccat Kave 5.1

Storage: OCZ Vector 256 Gb / Western Digital 1 Tb Black
CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler 650

PSU: Seasonic X Series 660Watt
KBD, Mouse & Case: Roccat Ryos MK Glow, Roccat Kone Pure & Cooler Master CM Cosmos SE 

#3 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5269 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

You could use paint to show jerky trails.

med_gallery_78215_532_67141.png

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#4 Skidmarks

Skidmarks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

You could use paint to show jerky trails.

Good idea, then they'd have to give him a new machine, either that or show him the door  :unsure:

CPU: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H 
Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 770
Memory: 8Gb Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 1866 Mhz 
Sound: Asus Xonar DX & Roccat Kave 5.1

Storage: OCZ Vector 256 Gb / Western Digital 1 Tb Black
CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler 650

PSU: Seasonic X Series 660Watt
KBD, Mouse & Case: Roccat Ryos MK Glow, Roccat Kone Pure & Cooler Master CM Cosmos SE