3 replies to this topic

#1 Joey04

Joey04

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hi OCC,

I got a new laptop from my company (a Dell Latitude Semi-Rugged) and I find the mouse touch-pad on the machine to be horrible. I had an older machine (a Panasonic Toughbook) where for years I used the mouse touch-pad extensively with no issues. However, on the Dell it stops, it sticks, it jumps, and I can't get it to go where I need it and its driving me nuts. However, when I plug in an external mouse, the external mouse works fine. (But I don't like taking the external mouse everywhere, and I have trouble using it when travelling.)

And even worse, when I take it to our IT department, they can't find any issues with it, so they think I am crazy. (They have played extensively with the sensitivity settings, but it doesn't help when I start trying to use it like I am used to.)

So my question, is there any tools out there, like a obstacle course game, not a difficult game, but requires quick and precise mouse movements and clicks, so I can show its easy to play the game on an external mouse, but  impossible if they try to play the game on this crappy mouse touch-pad? 

Or any thoughts of how to demonstrate this touch-pad is junk?

THANKS!!!

#2 Skidmarks

Skidmarks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

None specifically for that task that I'm aware of. Does anybody else in the company use the same laptop? If so check their's out. Yours could have a fault that the chumps in the IT dept. can't figure out. Also check for driver updates for your machine. Failing that, try begging for another laptop. I personally hate all touchpad's & always carry a supplementary mouse.

CPU: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H 
Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 770
Memory: 8Gb Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 1866 Mhz 
Sound: Asus Xonar DX & Roccat Kave 5.1

Storage: OCZ Vector 256 Gb / Western Digital 1 Tb Black
CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler 650

PSU: Seasonic X Series 660Watt
KBD, Mouse & Case: Roccat Ryos MK Glow, Roccat Kone Pure & Cooler Master CM Cosmos SE 

#3 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5226 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

You could use paint to show jerky trails.

Posted Image

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#4 Skidmarks

Skidmarks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

You could use paint to show jerky trails.

Good idea, then they'd have to give him a new machine, either that or show him the door  :unsure:

CPU: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H 
Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 770
Memory: 8Gb Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 1866 Mhz 
Sound: Asus Xonar DX & Roccat Kave 5.1

Storage: OCZ Vector 256 Gb / Western Digital 1 Tb Black
CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler 650

PSU: Seasonic X Series 660Watt
KBD, Mouse & Case: Roccat Ryos MK Glow, Roccat Kone Pure & Cooler Master CM Cosmos SE