Transfer data from hdd to ssd hybrid

nsplayer

I recently picked up the seagate momentus xt 750g ssd hybrid and want to transfer data from my old 640g hdd. I am unsure as i do not have the oem boot disc. I would like to transfer but unsure how to do it without issues. I see that most recomend a program to do this but was hoping that win 7 could do it as well. It would be great to get a link on how to do this as I do plan on removing old hdd and just use the new ssd hybrid.

Windows 7 has no native way in which to transfer itself to another drive unfortunately. I would recommend a program called CloneZilla, it's fast and free.

You basically clone your old partition to a new disk, you just leave it to copy to and from drives for a while and you're done :)

Edited by EuroFight

I found this here thingamajig

http://www.plaisio.gr/ypologistes-anavathmisi/periferiaka/thikes-skliroi-diskoi/Turbo-X-Docking-Station-2-5-3-5-Sata-HDD-to-USB2-0-eSata-TX-CE-6058.htm

at their stock shop here in Greece , and got it dirt cheap , i.e. 10$ . It's a docking station w/lots of inputs, but it also has a replicator mode, so you just put one hdd in one port, a second in

the other and with 1 click they duplicate.I might have got it here in Greece , but I'm sure they have them back home too.

Just my 2cents..