Ok so i couldnt wait

Renigade

LOL i saw this post and I had to get folding again myself so I went and downloaded the new software (haven't folded in a couple years) and dont remember it being so easy to get folding on both gpu's and the cpu. So kudo's to stanford for making a huge update to their software. On another note i should probably set my rig outside where its only 18

maybe a stupid question, but why does one fold? :S

what benifits does it have and what do you gain in doing so?

I fold for my friends and family who are affected by Cancer, Parkinsons and Alzheimers.

I fold for hope.

Why is it important to understand how proteins fold?

When proteins do not fold correctly, also known as misfolding, there can be serious health consequences, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many cancers.

If we better understand protein misfolding we can design drugs and therapies to combat these illnesses.

For more information see the Folding@home FAQ on diseases.

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

• Like 1

maybe a stupid question, but why does one fold? :S

what benifits does it have and what do you gain in doing so?

I fold for my friends and family who are affected by Cancer, Parkinsons and Alzheimers.

I fold for hope.

Why is it important to understand how proteins fold?

When proteins do not fold correctly, also known as misfolding, there can be serious health consequences, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many cancers.

If we better understand protein misfolding we can design drugs and therapies to combat these illnesses.

For more information see the Folding@home FAQ on diseases.

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

This. I have a large-ish number of family and friends who have been affected directly or indirectly by these disease.