14 replies to this topic

#1 Bosco

Bosco

OCC Boss

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32048 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Tonight Amanda takes a look at the odd looking Thermaltake Level 10 Mouse.

Read her review here:

http://www.overclock...level_10_mouse/

Main Gaming Rig
Intel 3960X
MSI X79A-GD65 8D
16GB of Corsair Vengeance
NVIDIA 780TI's in SLI
Corsair Force 3 GT 240GB SSD
Coolermaster 932 Case
Noctua D14 CPU Cooler
Thermaltake Toughpower XT Platinum 1275 Watts
3 X 24" LCD's
Donating to OCC :::: OCC Site Rules :::: OCC Reviews
RIP Verran and Nemo gone but never will be forgotten.

#2 WARDOZERX

WARDOZERX

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Cyber-dyne Systems makes mice now? o_O They won't become self aware and try to kill us all will they?

On a serious note, I just don't get how mice like that and the sidewinder could ever be comfortable for long term gaming sessions with all their edges and angles. I honestly believe mice should indeed have rounded edges because our hands are not made of sharp 45* or 90* corners and our mice shouldn't be either. I just don't get the logic here unless I'm missing something.

I understand the mouse looks intimidating but at the very least, mice like this need to come with clip on covers that make them more ergonomic and comfortable.

There's an idea TT, Microsoft and Logitech, come out with a FREE, clip-on ergonomic kit for all the people that buy your high priced, uncomfortable gaming mice. ZOMG, imagine that, a high end gaming mouse with 2 or 3 different style/sized, clip-on ergonomic bodies so you can get the most comfort out of your expensive gaming mouse.

Edited by WARDOZERX, 23 January 2013 - 05:31 AM.

Play Gang Garrison 2 http://ganggarrison.com/ The most fun you will ever have with 8-bit entertainment :D

#3 Skidmarks

Skidmarks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

I liked the review, very entertaining. Pity I can't say the same about the mouse. I tested this thing last month and never grieved when it was returned to the supplier.

CPU: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H 
Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 770
Memory: 8Gb Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 1866 Mhz 
Sound: Asus Xonar DX & Roccat Kave 5.1

Storage: OCZ Vector 256 Gb / Western Digital 1 Tb Black
CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler 650

PSU: Seasonic X Series 660Watt
KBD, Mouse & Case: Roccat Ryos MK Glow, Roccat Kone Pure & Cooler Master CM Cosmos SE 

#4 WARDOZERX

WARDOZERX

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

Other than the comfort issue Panda said she had with the mouse which is apparent with a mouse like these. I actually like the features of the mouse and others like it but the whole comfort thing should be top priority for a gaming mouse as it gets kinda hard to aim if you have to constantly remove your hand from the mouse to rub or stretch it out because your mouse is killin your aiming hand.

Out of these high functionality mice, the G9x looks the most comfortable though with the least functionality followed by the Corsair M60, Thermaltake Level 10 looks the most uncomfortable followed by the Microsoft Sidewinder from what I can see. I have never owned any of those 4 mice but if I had to choose which one to buy, it would be either the Logitech G9x or Corsair M60 as they look like they were made for human hands and not Johnny 5's hands, like the TT and MS mice.

Edited by WARDOZERX, 23 January 2013 - 05:42 AM.

Play Gang Garrison 2 http://ganggarrison.com/ The most fun you will ever have with 8-bit entertainment :D

#5 Whatislove

Whatislove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

The comfort issue might not be such a problem for "finger mouse" people like myself, My palm doesn't ever touch the mouse at all, the base of my wrist sits on the mousepad while my fingers do all the mouse moving.

As soon as I grip a mouse it's just automatic, no matter how big, small, ergonomic or how it's actually designed for your hand. I immediately hold the mouse at a slight angle with my fingers in a weird claw like grip, my palm and everything that isn't my fingertips hovers over the mouse.

#6 WARDOZERX

WARDOZERX

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

Well, it would be nice if us heavy handed palm mongers would get some attention with these high end mice. All I'm sayin.

#7 Wesstron

Wesstron

• Reviewer
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Great review Amanda  :thx:  ... I would've incorporated the thumb button to the chassis in a more discreet way, that would maybe solve the accidental hits. Other than that I have a RAT7 and it's pretty angular but very comfortable as far as my hand is concerned... comes down to personal preference I guess. Still, I have to make a trip to one of the stores here and play with this one for a bit.

#8 d6bmg

d6bmg

BMG FTW!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4120 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Ok, not thermaltake have started making Level10 mouse!

Why don't they try making everything and name level 10. :yucky:

@BluePanda, I like the review and the details, but not the reviewed product.

Edited by d6bmg, 23 January 2013 - 10:27 AM.

boozei.gif

#9 Skidmarks

Skidmarks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

Other than the comfort issue Panda said she had with the mouse which is apparent with a mouse like these. I actually like the features of the mouse and others like it but the whole comfort thing should be top priority for a gaming mouse as it gets kinda hard to aim if you have to constantly remove your hand from the mouse to rub or stretch it out because your mouse is killin your aiming hand.

Out of these high functionality mice, the G9x looks the most comfortable though with the least functionality followed by the Corsair M60, Thermaltake Level 10 looks the most uncomfortable followed by the Microsoft Sidewinder from what I can see. I have never owned any of those 4 mice but if I had to choose which one to buy, it would be either the Logitech G9x or Corsair M60 as they look like they were made for human hands and not Johnny 5's hands, like the TT and MS mice.

I can't comment on the Logitech as I never had the opportunity to test it but I did test the M60 which I inherited thereafter. It was a very competent & fairly comfortable mouse. The only problem I encountered was that the textured side grips wore out in no time flat hence it was retired to my vast collection of mice.

CPU: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H 
Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 770
Memory: 8Gb Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 1866 Mhz 
Sound: Asus Xonar DX & Roccat Kave 5.1

Storage: OCZ Vector 256 Gb / Western Digital 1 Tb Black
CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler 650

PSU: Seasonic X Series 660Watt
KBD, Mouse & Case: Roccat Ryos MK Glow, Roccat Kone Pure & Cooler Master CM Cosmos SE 

#10 ccokeman

ccokeman

Frank <3 Reesa

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11113 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

It just looks bullet proof and is well constructed. I got to see a few of them while at CES and it was not a bad fit for my hands.

Processor Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.6
Memory Mushkin 998995 Blackline 12GB 9-9-9-24
Motherboard MSI X58 Big Bang
Graphics ASUS GTX 580
Power Corsair AX 1200,
Monitor Gateway UXD3000, LG W3000H, ASUS VG236 x 3
Water Cooling By DangerDen & Swiftech
Follow OCC on Posted Image

#11 ComputerEd

ComputerEd

Voice of Computing Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1677 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

The comfort issue might not be such a problem for "finger mouse" people like myself, My palm doesn't ever touch the mouse at all, the base of my wrist sits on the mousepad while my fingers do all the mouse moving.

As soon as I grip a mouse it's just automatic, no matter how big, small, ergonomic or how it's actually designed for your hand. I immediately hold the mouse at a slight angle with my fingers in a weird claw like grip, my palm and everything that isn't my fingertips hovers over the mouse.

Our testing here has found this to be the case. When we gave the mouse to a finger tip gripper he feel in love with the feel immediately, however our palmers all hated it. Also speaking with Shannon at Thermaltake we were able to confirm that this was known by Thermaltake as well, they are aware the design is finger tip 'ccentric.

Well, it would be nice if us heavy handed palm mongers would get some attention with these high end mice. All I'm sayin.

Actually we have a lot of quality mice. The Sensei is my current mouse of choice, fits my palm grip really well. The Logitech G9 also has a great palmer feel to it. However I can tell you I mentioned this fact to Shannon, that I would love to see a Level 10 with a palmer friendly design.He smiled and said, you never know......

Get your GEEK on ever week with Computer Ed Radio

http://computeredradio.com  http://facebook.com/computered

#12 Bubbaxm2

Bubbaxm2

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

I am not a palmer and was actually very interested in the mouse based on looks alone. I just may have to get it now. :) Let me know if you want to unload the one in the review Amanda :D

ASUS P6X58D-E, Intel Core i7-920, EVGA GTX480, OCZ 850 PSU, 6GB Corsair Dominator, Kingston 128GB SSD, H2O, Razer Mamba
DFI Lp LT X-48, Q6600 GO, 2x ATI 4890's, Corsair 750TX PSU, OCZ 9200 Flex2, SB X-Fi Extreme Audio, 2x 7200.10 250gb, Corsair H50, Razer Mamba
EVGA E758-TR, Intel Core i7-920, MSI GTX 580, 12GB G-Skill Sniper (PC3 12800), PCP&C 950 PSU, SB X-Fi Extreme Audio, ST3640323AS 640GB, H2O, Logitech G9X