OCC Community Call for Help

VaporX

Hey guys,

Most of you know me and a few even listen to my show. I am going to take a moment here to ask the OCC community to help with something I am a part of. I was asked this year to participate in the local MDA fundraising drive during the Jail and Bail. I am sure everyone knows what these are, local people that are considered well known are asked to participate and raise money for MDA. During the event we are "jailed" until such time as our bail is raised or an hour passes.

I was really honored when I was asked to take part in this. The bail they want to see raised is $800. However I thought; wait a second, country music fans raise thousands for these kinds of events. Other groups do this all the time. Why not the Geeks. For that reason I am asking your help. Below is a link to the MDA donation system for my particular drive segment. This money goes straight to the MDA and no one else.

I hope you will all join me in helping this worthy charity.

http://www2.mda.org/site/TR?px=1584634&fr_id=4360&pg=personal

• Like 1

I tell you what El for every person that donates $100 I will stay in jail an extra hour :rolleyes:

Midnight, did a follow up with the folks at MDA about Paypal. The woman I spoke to has been with the Illinois MDA for 15 years and I am the first person she has heard ask about using Paypal and she agrees, it should be used. Good news is they are going to talk to some of the people at the national level about this for next year. Bad news is it is for next year.

Edited by ComputerEd

Would love to help but they don't accept Paypal :(

Great cause and good luck raising your bail Ed :)

+1 If i get my cc sorted out before you are free i will donate.

All the best. I'm glad to see someone in the tech community stepping up to the plate on this one. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow i've never heard of this. So u going to be in jail until people fill up the $800 for the kids? That's cute but not for u =/

What if u don't reach $800? They let u out anyway right?

I saw people chaining themselves to a solid thing when reclaiming for something but not this :P but well GL!

ps: They let you log in overclockersclub from Jail. That's cool at least..

I tell you what El for every person that donates $100 I will stay in jail an extra hour :rolleyes:

Ed I'm just going to say sorry, I dont know you or have ever listened to your show but...  when i saw this i was first going to donate $50, but after reading through the post and seeing this you are now going to get an extra hour in jail :tongue:

You officaly have been Benjamined :wave: 

Ryan

Edited by olokul

If you need a stand in, I'll do a stint in jail for $100/hr.  ;)