9 replies to this topic

#1 molotovdaskwerl

molotovdaskwerl

I Am Your God

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

So I keep running over my headset's cord, a problem I'm sure everyone has or had. It's put me through 3 headsets already, over the past few years.

I'm just looking for advice on managing this problem so it's minimalized, any advice?

OCC Cool Club Member

#2 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5264 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

You could do what I did to my headphone cord.

8288443747_38a37848b3_b.jpg

med_gallery_78215_532_67141.png

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#3 My_Inner_Fred

My_Inner_Fred

Being Lazy

• Folding Member
  • 1318 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Wow stoner thats a brilliant idea.... How exactly did you knot those cords so they end up like that?

Main Rig

Mobo: ASUS P67 Sabertooth | GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 460 768MB | GPU2: EVGA Nvidia 520 GT 1GB | PSU: Raidmax 850W Gold Cert. | CPU: Intel I7-2600k 3.4GHz OCed to 4.6Ghz | RAM: (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X series 8GB 1600Mhz

RAM2: (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X series 8GB 1866Mhz(running at 1600Mhz) | HS: Corsair H70 Water Cooling | HDDs: OCZ Vertex 2 60GB/WD Caviar Black 1TB/WD Caviar Green 1TB | CD/DVD: ASUS DVD/CD Drive

WolfandSpice_1341388341.jpgMy_Inner_Fred.jpg

#4 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5264 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

It takes time and effort but you can tailor it to different lengths. You'll need to create loops so you have three equal sections then you just braid. Its a bit time consuming as you need to untangle as you braid but I turned a 6m cord into a 2m one and a 3m cord into a 1m one making them both very manageable.

Have a look at this to give you an idea how.

med_gallery_78215_532_67141.png

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#5 My_Inner_Fred

My_Inner_Fred

Being Lazy

• Folding Member
  • 1318 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Really appreciate the video! Certainly helps alot! thanks!

Main Rig

Mobo: ASUS P67 Sabertooth | GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 460 768MB | GPU2: EVGA Nvidia 520 GT 1GB | PSU: Raidmax 850W Gold Cert. | CPU: Intel I7-2600k 3.4GHz OCed to 4.6Ghz | RAM: (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X series 8GB 1600Mhz

RAM2: (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X series 8GB 1866Mhz(running at 1600Mhz) | HS: Corsair H70 Water Cooling | HDDs: OCZ Vertex 2 60GB/WD Caviar Black 1TB/WD Caviar Green 1TB | CD/DVD: ASUS DVD/CD Drive

WolfandSpice_1341388341.jpgMy_Inner_Fred.jpg

#6 Tjj226_Angel

Tjj226_Angel

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Stoner's suggestion helped me out as well, but if you are feeling a bit more adventurous, you could always buy some OCC stranded copper/silver and make your own cables. Then you can use some type of metallic cable sleeving to protect the cable. If you use some high quality sleeving, you couldn't cut it with a knife. 

#7 molotovdaskwerl

molotovdaskwerl

I Am Your God

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

The braided cord is neat, but it isn't really what i'm looking for, i have my computer like three feet next to my bed in my room, and as much I love to with the headphones turn around and jump onto my bed and listen to music.

I need like a clever clip or something like it

OCC Cool Club Member

#8 Reaper_88

Reaper_88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Get a wireless headset? ie a Logitech G930, Astro A40, Corsair Vengence 2000...

CPU: i5 3570k OC'd @ 4.5 GHZ w/ Corsair H80i
MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Maximus V GENE Z77
RAM: 8GB G.Skill Trident X @ 2400MHZ
GPU: 2x Asus GTX 670 DCUII in SLI
HDD: Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB w/ 1 TB WD Caviar Black and 1 TB Barracuda HDD's
PSU: Silverstone ST85F-P 850W
CASE: Silverstone Fortress 3 (FT03B)

#9 Tjj226_Angel

Tjj226_Angel

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

The braided cord is neat, but it isn't really what i'm looking for, i have my computer like three feet next to my bed in my room, and as much I love to with the headphones turn around and jump onto my bed and listen to music.

Oh? Is that all you were looking for? http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B00416DLOQ

Here is a quick ghetto solution. Attach the key ring to something stationary in a place with some space where you can lay down excess cable. Now run your headphone cable to the key ring and attach it to the key ring by tying a knot around it. From there, run the cable 4 feet and tie another knot. This is where the pocket clamp will be attached. 

In doing this you should have made it so that you can real in your headphone cable at your desk and create a 2 foot cable loop, but at the same time you can expand it to have the extra 4 feet of cable. 

#10 molotovdaskwerl

molotovdaskwerl

I Am Your God

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Oh? Is that all you were looking for? http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B00416DLOQ

Here is a quick ghetto solution. Attach the key ring to something stationary in a place with some space where you can lay down excess cable. Now run your headphone cable to the key ring and attach it to the key ring by tying a knot around it. From there, run the cable 4 feet and tie another knot. This is where the pocket clamp will be attached. 

In doing this you should have made it so that you can real in your headphone cable at your desk and create a 2 foot cable loop, but at the same time you can expand it to have the extra 4 feet of cable. 

this is neat, I may do this

OCC Cool Club Member