512MX8 IC's VS 256MX8 IC's

I'm building a REX Folder out of a Asus P5E64 WS Evolution X48 board with Intel Q9550 and two HD7770 2GD5 cards.

And have ordered Corsair dual channel memory kit (CMP8GX3M4A1333C9) But was told the X48 chipset only supports modules with 256MX8 IC's and the 512MX8 IC's will not work?

Can anyone remember back in time what memory you used with the X48, or is the kit I got OK. How do you know which IC's are in modules? :dunno:

I got the answer from different forum, not Shure if I can say there name but ship and sails logo. The revision numbers determine which actual parts are used in the ram. The number to the left of the decimal point indicates the IC chips, and number on right is the PCB. I got lucky and my memory kit has Samsung 256 IC's which are the fallout from the sorting process used for the 1600C9 modules.

So my memory should work great with the X48 chipset, and have nice head room for overclocking.

They use 9 types of 256 IC's and the Samsung is the top then Micron, Hynix, Promos, Qimonda, Elpida, Psc, Nanya, and Winbond IC's. :cheers: