• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stackrainer

stackrainer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

If you are like me with a large music library, then chances are you don't want to clean up every track by hand. So I was wondering if any of you guys have tried a paid program that cleans up the files? I can't really justify a 30-50 buck purchase and it not working. I want the files cleaned because I plan on putting all of my music on the google play store so I can access it on all of my devices.

Edited by stackrainer, 09 October 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#2 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5269 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Media monkey works wwll

med_gallery_78215_532_67141.png

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#3 stackrainer

stackrainer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Media monkey works wwll

Does it take forever to organize? and does it do it to the files directly so it will be organized in other programs?

#4 WarWeeny

WarWeeny

Don't worry, be sexy! >:3

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

you could organize it yourself and its free too! ;D

You can get the weeny out of the war, but you cannot get the war out of the weeny

Rest in peace my good old gtx 480, you deserved it

Thinks he has a weeny worthy of war.

#5 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5269 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

There are several things it does. I prefer to manually search and select each album. Its free though so give it a shot.

It edits both metadata and titles if you wish. You can add information about artist, collaborating artists, composers, genera, album art etc

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

#6 ivangela

ivangela

Professional Student

• Folding Member
  • 658 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

OP,
I know exactly what you're saying but unfortunately the only thing that truly works is editing each track.
I know it takes forever and sucks but a program just won't recognize each poorly labeled file name and relabel it and the metadata correctly :down:
I've been accumulating digital music for over 20 years and have over 18,000 tracks now. I wish I had kept up with it in the beginning but now i just take a few tracks at a time and by the time I die my music collection will be ready for my kids, lol Like they'll listen to anything good anyway :doh:

HTPC......Phenom II X4 940 BE @ 3.38.....AC Freezer 64 Pro......ASUS M4A79 Deluxe......2x2GB OCZ Platinum 1066......ASUS EN9500GT......Corsair CX430 PSU......WD Caviar Black 640GB and 1 TB......LG SuperMulti Blu-ray......Silverstone Black HTPC case

New Rig....i7 3770K (stock for now)....CM Hyper 212 Evo....ASrock Z77 Extreme4....16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB....XFX Black Edition 7770....Mushkin 550W modular....Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD....2x640GB WD Black....CM Storm Scout 2

sigimage.gif

"wealth...that first and greatest of all the forces within the grasp of man" Dumas

#7 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5269 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

@ Ivangela
that's why I use Media Monkey and manually do it by album.

However I first manually move artists to their own folders then start applying batch edits. I am going to reorganize everything again soon. Re-ripping every CD I have in Flac lv4 I think. Then selectively go through all my digital music and see what I really want to keep. When I can non stop listen to music for half a year I really have too much haha and party duty will be take over by spotify so there is no need for the large collection of music that's there to keep others happy