The Elder Scrolls Online

bp9801

The long rumored game is finally a reality, as The Elder Scrolls Online has been confirmed. Set 1,000 years before the events in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, players will be able to journey across all of Tamriel as a member of one of three factions. More information will follow later this month, hopefully including the races we can play as.

It will launch in 2013.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think they should of just kept it as a single player game...

MMOs are becoming a thing of the past imo...

These days you have thousands of mediocre MMOs and only a few that are really good. Among the few that are really good, only one has the success so far.

MMOs don't really get good until after the initial release and additional content has been added.

For example SWTOR is an amazing game, but one gets bored with it quickly after they leveled their characters...

A lot of MMOs are trying to cash in on WoWs success and copy many of the features, but this often dosen't work well.

I just don't think that TES will translate well into an MMO. Heck as amazing of a game SWTOR is I think it could of been a hell of a lot better as a single player game, or maybe even a co-op game...

Edited by greengiant912

Sad day for the Elder Scrolls game. What made the Elder Scrolls great to me was the ability to enjoy an RPG experience with dealing with the griefers and 10 years olds that an MMO bring. Instead we see a great frnachise dumb itself down to make a fast buck. Truly a sad day.

Sad day for the Elder Scrolls game. What made the Elder Scrolls great to me was the ability to enjoy an RPG experience with dealing with the griefers and 10 years olds that an MMO bring. Instead we see a great frnachise dumb itself down to make a fast buck. Truly a sad day.

ZeniMax Online is handling the duties and have been since formation in 2007. There are very few details currently available on TES Online, so coming up with a sweeping generalization so soon is a little unfounded.

Bethesda Game Studios is still working on single player games in the Fallout and TES universes, like Fallout 4 and The Elder Scrolls VI.

TES Online is set before the events of Skyrim. Hell, it could even be set before the events of The Elder Scrolls: Arena - the very first TES game. More information will come out throughout May, so I think judgement should be reserved until then. If the game is truly "dumbed down," then so be it. If you don't like it, then don't play it.

I have always wanted to see how TES could become an online game and I will happily take any chance to explore more of Tamriel.

I believe they can keep the same great stories they have had in previous TES games. The 5 years of development so far must have included a bit of time developing stories and quest lines. Obviously you won't be the single handed hero of an entire continent anymore but you will rather be an adventurer which is nice.

<br>ZeniMax Online is handling the duties and have been since formation in 2007. There are very few details currently available on TES Online, so coming up with a sweeping generalization so soon is a little unfounded.<br>
<br><br><br><br>Oh I agree I am just giving my gut reaction but lets face it great solo games that go MMO tend to die out. I mean were are the new Warcrafts?<br><br><br>

MMO... no way.

However, one thing that would make any of the TES games more awesome would be LAN co-op. It would be awesome to take 1 or 2 friends questing with you. It would even make a great date. I could image any girl with the slightest interest in games would go for some Co-op exploration and questing for a LAN night... (First you of course have to find a girl with the slightest interest in gaming though. I have only ever met one in real life. Its like trying to find the Yeti :lol: )

Co-op with a real person would be more interesting than AI companions anyways. :thumbsup: