2011: Official What's The Story Behind The User Name Topic

neddamttocs

Well its that time of year again, here is the 2011 What is the story behind your username!

Heres a quote from last years topic:

Each member on OCC has a username. Some of those names are odd, others are geeky, and some are as simple as a person's real name. Over the years, we've had a number of topics to allow members to tell their story. How, why, and even when they decided on the username they have.

Archive

- 2005-2010

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel it is fitting that this be my first post.

Will introduce myself elsewhere i am sure, but the name Griever2003, well the Griever comes from FFVIII. I am a FFFreak played them all, beat them all. Except FFXI which i never could put enough time into, and FFXIV which came out while i have been on a deployment in Afghanistan. errr sidetracked.... Griever is lion's head crest that Squall wears on his necklace, ring, and gunsword. Griever is summoned by Ultimecia as the last boss (kinda). As a symbol the lion traits are: dignity, strength, courage, justice, military might, and i i feel it relates to me. And that is where i pulled Griever from. A lot of people ask me if it is an emo thing... too bad i chose the name before emo was even "coined." Well, when i was playing this game, i also started joining the online community and never really had a constant name, so i when i started my first e-mail account (which was not in 2003) and griever was already taken, i chose the year that i would graduate High School. and that is all of that.

When i play MMORPGS though, i usually use the names Djad (male) and Endra (female). Endra comes from the feminine version of the name Ender (Ender's Game). And Djad is from a video game.. i cant remember from what one, but he was a reptilian creature whose people you were trying to same... i remember he dies... but i used his name when i played Alternity.

**edit: added second paragraph**

Edited by Griever2003

• 8 months later...

Here goes. Oasis is the name of my fave band. You might have heard of it. Here's one of their songs (kinda):

The numbers? Apparently 'oasis' was already taken everywhere, oasis'XY' where XY are my birth year was taken, '200X' where X was the current year, anyway you get the either all the usual permutations were gone. So I went with reverse numeric order.

Well mine is a 2 part name, I got the word black from the early days of NFS underground and I noticed that I would always paint my car black or just black it out. (I am in no way gothic by the way if your wondering) So I started using black for my username then I noticed that black was always taken so I got the 64 from A.being my favorite number and B. being the first console I had growing up the Nintendo 64. So I put them together and made Black64. I also go by Black6464 because sometimes like here black64 is already taken. I wish I could change it to Black64 :cry: .

EDIT: Grammar

Edited by Black6464

My user name is one I started using quite a few years ago, combining my first name and the latin name for the the bear family. I feel an affinity towards bears and the the grizzly is my totem animal as revealed to me by a shaman. Serendipitously, my user name is NEVER taken when I create a new account anywhere and saves me the trouble of adding numbers and trying to remember different usernames.

• 1 month later...

I'm a massive Detroit Lions fan, so thats where the DLions is from. Then the numbers come from my favorite players jersey numbers at the time I created it, 87 for Johnnie Morton and 08 for Mike McMahon. Its perfectly symmetrical and easy to remember.

The craziest username I ever had was 6SanDmaN0 (I like having a symmetrical username, I dont know, some kind of weird OCD I guess). The 6 and 0 at the beginning and end comes from my old jersey number in High School. And my nickname has always been Sandman (my last name is Sander). I had that for SOCOM back in the old PS2 days.

Kyle

Edited by DLions8708

• 1 month later...

Ok..I'm a bit bored so I've decided to do this.....so

So I'm half english, a quarter italian and a quarter Jamaican...was born in London and raised there until i was 13 then we moved to Naples, italy...and I've adapted to the way of life here...so the name comes from that...il_napoletano means "the napolitan" (kinda like someone calling himself "the american") so that's where it comes from :thumbsup:

Edited by Il_napoletano

When I can, I simply use "Xtreme". There wasn't a reason for me to start using it at the beggining (about a decade ago), I simply liked it. However, along the years I have found that sometimes, it suits me.

The "DS" was from a website I was doing about 8 years ago.

• 1 month later...

Makarov from modern warfare 2 I use this name on all my acounts if it is taken I use makarov141 the 141 is also from mw2. If you see this name anywere its probably me

I used to be "TheWacoKid" - came up with that one when I had just watched Blazing Saddles. It stuck. I shortened it to "Waco" simply because that's what most called me anyway.