181 replies to this topic

#1 InCrYsIs

InCrYsIs

Total Nerd

• Folding Member
  • 2366 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:41 PM

http://www.tomsguide...,news-4344.html

I think when the HD Zune comes out Apple is going to take a hit. Microsoft will never abandon it. No way will they take defeat at the hands of apple. I know I am buying that Zune when it comes out.

I loathe Itunes.

Your thoughts?

MAIN RIG:Asus Maximus V Gene, I7 3770K, 16GB Gskill Ripjaws X PC-1600, EVGA GTX 780 FTW 3GB, 256GB Samsung SSD, 27" Asus 27" LED LCD, Windows 8 Pro 64bit, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Wrath Wireless Headset, Coolermaster Hyper Evo 212 Cooler, Corsair Obsidian 650D w/ Corsair HX 850 Watt PSU, DVDRW, (3) 230mm fans

OTHER STUFF: 11" Macbook Air, Playstation 4, Xbox One

incrysis76.png

#2 tkrow21

tkrow21

Total Nerd

• Folding Member
  • 3712 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:50 PM

If I'm getting an MP3 player, it's also the Zune HD. Not too sure if I'll be getting anything though.
Posted Image
It's the decisions you make when you have no time to make them that define who you are.

#3 Munkypoo7

Munkypoo7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

That Zune HD spells DEATH for a good chunk of Apple's iPod fans, who although they have an iPod, HATE iTunes, no one that I know, whether they own an iTouch or iPod likes the iTunes software, its crap, and everyone is ALWAYS looking for an alternative (luckily theres Anapod)

Anyways, ZuneHD = Smexy-ness :)
Heatware ^^
OCN Trader Rating, Since my Heatware is outdated...

50 bucks for 3 more inches sounds good to me

Case: Corsair 550D | CPU: Intel i7 920 D0, 3913B166 | CPU Cooler: Noctua NHD14
Motherboard: EVGA X58 SLI3 E767 | HDD: Corsair Force 3 120GB + WD Green Caviar 1TB | Memory: Corsair Dominator 6x2GB 1600
GFX Card: EVGA 580 SC + AC Xtreme Plus 2 | PSU: Corsair HX750 | Monitor: Dell U2311H
Audio: Audioengine A2 w/ Creative Titanium HD | Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise x64

#4 AZNguyen

AZNguyen

Melting pot of friendship

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7935 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

Zune + Tegra = Win. The extremely low storage capacity is a let down. It's suppose to output 720p movies through HDMI, but 720p movies are 4-6GB a piece :(. With a 15 GB base model and a later 32 GB is tiny. There are talks about a 64 GB model in the following year.

If it becomes down to either buying a Tegra netbook, phone, or the Zune HD. I think the Zune HD will be last on my list. Since the other two can do the same thing and more.

It will give a challenge to the Apple iPod Touch, but what's to say Apple won't throw a Tegra into the next generation of the iPod Touch and iPhone. Then it's back to the same field.

The only thing the Zune HD has that makes it special is Tegra. It doesn't have a native HD resolution, only HD radio which is rather useless as most radio stations play non stop advertisements and annoying talk shows with little to no music. The idea of a PMP is play music and a radio is the opposite of it from my experience. I never use my radio on my Zune 30GB.

Edited by Krazyxazn, 31 July 2009 - 04:07 PM.

Gaming || Intel i7 3770K || Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 || G.Skill 2x 4GB || EVGA GTX 680 2 GB || Corsair TX750 V2 ||

|| 3x Dell UltraSharp U2312HM || Corsair Vengeance K90 || Logitech G700s || Audio-gd NFB 15.32 || Hifiman HE400 ||

HTPC || Intel Celeron G530 || Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 || G.Skill 4GB || CM Elite 460W ||

NAS || Intel Pentium G630 || Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 || G.Skill 16GB || Corsair CX430 || IBM M1015 || 21 TB Storage ||

#5 GabrielTessin

GabrielTessin

Different

• Folding Member
  • 1157 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

Sweet 720p on a 3 inch screen... It would be sweet to have an a super portable device you can plug into any TV and watch TV, but isn't that the point of TV?

General Zune Philosophy:
It looks almost as good as an iPod
It works almost as well as an iPod
It comes out with the latest technology almost as soon as an iPod
It fits in your pocket almost as well as an iPod
And it costs the same as an iPod...
Wait what?

I get it this one is going to be awesome but that's how I felt about Zune's before this. I hope this product impresses me so I can like Microsoft again.

Edited by gabrieltessin, 31 July 2009 - 04:46 PM.

I am the reason we can't have nice things. 

#6 Deathmineral

Deathmineral

No soup for you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3811 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

Honestly, doesn't seem like anything special to me, personally I would just get a laptop, I don't think I could stand watching video on a 3" screen.

Posted Image

#7 tkrow21

tkrow21

Total Nerd

• Folding Member
  • 3712 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:06 PM

Honestly, doesn't seem like anything special to me, personally I would just get a laptop, I don't think I could stand watching video on a 3" screen.

The screen isn't actually 720p. It just has an HDMI output that can play 720p on a TV that you plug it into.
Posted Image
It's the decisions you make when you have no time to make them that define who you are.

#8 Deathmineral

Deathmineral

No soup for you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3811 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

The screen isn't actually 720p. It just has an HDMI output that can play 720p on a TV that you plug it into.

I know, that is why I said getting a laptop would be a better idea.

Posted Image

#9 tkrow21

tkrow21

Total Nerd

• Folding Member
  • 3712 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:24 PM

I know, that is why I said getting a laptop would be a better idea.

A laptop isn't exactly as portable and I'm guessing it would cost more.
Posted Image

#10 Deathmineral

Deathmineral

No soup for you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3811 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

I'm talking purely about the HD feature, that is the only real addition to this MP3 player, it just does not make since to make a portable device like an MP3 player to be able to hook up to a TV like that because they are meant to be used during jogs, road trips, etc. I mean if it had a 500gb storage capacity like a laptop then it wouldn't be such a bad idea but only being able to put a couple movies on it isn't even worth it to me.

Posted Image

#11 xly15

xly15

what is going on here?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:41 PM

I never got into the IPOD. I never really liked the IPOD in the first place.

Now the Zune HD looks better to me. I personally like the Zune better though. But I won't be getting one unless my current mp3 dies before the Zune HD comes out.
Lian li Dragon Lord K60-Corsair 550VX
ASUS M5A97-AMD Phenom II X4 OCed to 3.6Ghz
G.Skill DDR3 Ram -XFX 6850 1GB
Logitech x-530 speakers-Saitek Cyborg Keyboard Logitech MX518 Mouse

#12 Comp Dude2

Comp Dude2

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1998 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:50 PM

Itunes is the big thing putting me off an ipod. I've already seen friends formatting their PCs and fiddling about for ages trying to itunes working again because it is the only option.

Not quite sure how the link makes the Zune look better though lol, a bit of info on the new ones would be nice

Edited by Comp Dude2, 01 August 2009 - 12:50 PM.

Posted Image