Queenz Case Painting Worklog

After having some bad experience with Wendy's chili leaving me on the toilet the whole day, it gave me time to think about how I am going to get this case painted. What I am working with is my NZXT Lexa Blackline case. This case is really nice but the interior is ugly. I hate the steel and for the amount of money I paid I would expect to atleast get aluminum. I originally wanted to get a case that was painted on the interior already such as the Antec Twelve Hundred Case. But I'd rather save the money and do it the way I want it, and that is black and glossy. When you blow alot of money on a case like I did, you tend to worry if your going to screw the case up and worry if it will come out right or not. Luckily I am taking that risk with this case.

First off I want you guys to know I don't have the time to run out and buy the paint I want, so instead I ordered it online from my favorite website Autobarn.com. I been to the stores before and they don't really have the stuff I want and need. Since online stores also have a bigger selection I bought it online. It should be here tomorrow since the Autobarn company is in Port Washington, Long Island. About a half hour away from me. So for today I will post up pictures of the procedure on how to disassemble the case and prep the case before applying primer.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not be showing how to remove the front panel and the legs as it is fairly easy to do it. The front panel is on with six plastic clips and the legs are on with 4 screws.

First off you need to blast all the dust and dirt out of the case with a can of air:

DSC00210-2.jpg

Next after dusting you still need to wipe the surface of any left over particles the can of air didn't get. I tried soap and water but found rubbing alcohol to be more effective. This should give you a nice and clean surface to start painting on:

DSC00212-2.jpg

The finished result after the hardware, front panel, and legs were removed then the entire case blasted with a can of air then wiped down everywhere with rubbing alcohol:

DSC00206-1.jpg

DSC00205-1.jpg

DSC00207-1.jpg

DSC00208-1.jpg

My mom was pretty mad with me working on her kitchen table, but she can learn to live with it I guess......

Next up, PRIMING!!!

For the mean time I got my new LED's. They are alot better and a hell of alot brighter than the stock LED's on the front panel:

DSC00215-1.jpg

What the white LED looks like now with it on (testing on front panel):

DSC00216.jpg

I had to solder them to the stock LED Wiring

Don't worry I got alot more to come :thumbs-up:

Unfortunately we got rain for the next three days so it will put me back. I have no room at the moment in the garage either cause it's occupied with the cars and my moms stuff lol.

Update!

I thought about removing the rivets again but after some research I found that I would have to break the rivets with a 1/8 drill bit and really don't want to screw with that and mess something up. So all the cages stay!

I received my paint earlier today than what I thought, this is what I got:

2x of OEM Infiniti M45 Black Obsidian Auto Paint

1x of DuPli Color Sandable Filler Primer

2x of DuPli Color Clear top Clearcoat Spray

I removed rivets from my antec 900 with wire cutters. Don't know if it would work with ur case though.

But see thats what I'm getting at. I have no problem in removing them, it's just when I remove them it will scratch the inside of the case and I have to also go out and buy new ones cause it will most likely break the rivets.

But see thats what I'm getting at. I have no problem in removing them, it's just when I remove them it will scratch the inside of the case and I have to also go out and buy new ones cause it will most likely break the rivets.

Just drill them out and use nuts/bolts to reassemble. ;)